This very annoying Windows phone activation error causes a variety of problems including
- WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error
- FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with error 0x80244019
- General Windows activation errors
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7 “A problem occurred when windows tried to activate. Error Code 0xC004E003“
- This error prevents you from continuing a Windows installation
This is happening because Windows can’t validate the SSL files necessary to activate Windows and are necessary to keep the integrity of the Windows installation files to protect your computer from any outside threats such as illegitimate 3rd party software installation therefore it is important you do not ignore this error.
Try these tips and tricks to solve these error messages:
Fix This Error If It Happens During Windows Installation
If you’re receiving this error during the installation (usually Windows Vista or Windows 7) try:
- Click OK in the error’s dialog box and go back through the installation steps up until the point where you set your Time Zone and current time. It is important to set the actual time correctly as it will prevent any future SSL errors and numerous errors during the installation of Windows. Please also double check the Time Zone that’s selected matches your local Time Zone.
- Click on Next in the following dialogs to complete your Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation.
OR If the above didn’t fix the error:
- Continue your Windows installation without entering a product key (serial number), click on Next and then Yes in the dialog that appears asking whether you’d like proceed without enter a product key.
- After Windows is installed and you see your Desktop. FIRST before you do anything, change your clock and Time Zone to display the correct time and your local Time Zone.
- Enter your Windows product key in the activation dialog box, you have 30 days to do so.
How To Fix This Error If You've Already Installed Windows
If this error appears after you’ve already installed Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel, among the icons there find Clock, Language And Region.
- Click on Date and Time which will open the Date and Time properties dikalog.
- Click on “Change Date and Time”, you may be prompted for an Administrator password, if you don’t have one simply click on Allow.
- Change the clock to your correct local time.
- Set the Time Zone to match your current Time Zone.
- In the case you are in Daylight Saving Time inside that same dialog under the Change Time Zone tab there will be a check box called “Automatically adjust for Daylight Saving Time” which will need to be selected (checked).
- Click on OK to exist the current dialog box and again on OK to save the changes you’ve made.
- Restart your computer.
Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013 Product Key
Office 2010 Professional Product Key
Kaspersky Antivirus 2017 One Year/One PC License
Windows 10 Professional Product Key
Windows 10 Home Product Key
Windows 8.1 Professional Product Key
Windows 7 Professional Product Key
Windows 7 Home Basic Product Key